We understand that pensions can be a complex area for individuals and businesses alike. Our pensions group is made up of experienced and approachable advisers from different practice areas across the firm enabling us to provide you with a comprehensive and seamless service.
We pride ourselves on our ability to give pragmatic advice in a clear and understandable way.
The group has particular expertise in the following areas:
- advising on the pensions aspects of corporate transactions (including drafting and negotiating indemnities)
- advising on pension transfer requirements under TUPE
- advising on auto-enrolment and the requirements for a qualifying pension scheme
- advising on Pension Protection Fund levy and security issues
- the resolution of disputes and litigation before the High Court and Pensions Ombudsman
- advising on deficit mitigation issues and methods
- advising on membership of the local government pension scheme (LGPS)
- negotiating admission agreements and LGPS contribution liabilities under outsourcing arrangements