Children Change Colombia & my time on The Apprentice
A fascinating discussion with Felipe Alviar-Baquero, exploring his invaluable trustee role on one of the UK’s largest charity working exclusively in Colombia (which is celebrating 30 years) and his appearance on The Apprentice television programme where he tried to instil and impart his love for entrepreneurship to the younger generation.
In this podcast Ruo Wu and guest, Felipe, also discussed:
- successful partnership working with local children organisations that have a proven record in defending the rights of children most affected by poverty, inequality and conflict;
- perceived stability of Colombia as a country following the country’s 2016 ceasefire accord;
- funding landscape;
- carrying the Olympic Torch on its route to the London 2012 games to raise awareness and funds for Children Change Colombia;
- how to overcome changes and challenges;
- lessons learned from participating in the Apprentice in 2015;
- Felipe’s The 3rd Option Book (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Third-Option-Felipe-Alviar-Baquero-ebook/dp/B08JGSYZLN), which amongst other things, encourage the creation of one’s own enterprise and aims in becoming an entrepreneur; and
- celebrated the amazing work of a local charity – Starting Point (part of The Mustard Tree Foundation family of projects) (https://startingpoint.org.uk/).
Felipe is a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales. He is a member of the board of trustees of the charity Children Change Colombia. He is passionate about entrepreneurship and has written the book “The Third Option”.