At Field Seymour Parkes we take our environmental responsibilities seriously. Here we explain what we do and how we do it.
1 London Street,
DX 4001 Reading 1
+44 (0)118 951 6200
+44 (0)118 950 2704
It is the firm’s policy to minimise the potentially significant impacts of our working practices on the environment and to promote environmental awareness at all levels. This means we:
- comply with all environmental legislation and, where it is practical and possible to do so, all recommended good practice;
- implement waste management schemes that incorporate and promote waste minimisation, re-use and recycle where appropriate and available;
- minimise the need to travel and, where appropriate, use conferencing technology as an alternative to travel. This is becoming increasingly common practice because it reduces client costs as well as lessening our firm’s carbon footprint;
- support modes of transport that minimise environmental impact where travel is necessary, including offering a “cycle to work” scheme for all employees;
- promote environmental awareness amongst all employees and encourage them through education and training to minimise the environmental impacts of their working practices and to instil a sense of responsibility (even remembering to print papers double sided can make a big difference);
- give priority to environmental considerations when contracting with our suppliers;
- are a member of the environmental organisation, The Carbon Trust; and
- keep our environmental policies and procedures under constant review so as to always be alert to new opportunities to reduce our firm’s environmental impact.