Recent work carried out by the team includes:
- Making applications to transfer the unused nil-rate band for the benefit of the surviving spouse’s estate.
- Administering estates with a foreign element.
- Administering multi-million pound estates, often with a substantial range of assets such as properties, private company shares and trust assets and involving claims for various tax reliefs for inheritance tax purposes and mitigating capital gains tax liabilities.
- Preparing legal documentation for a major clearing bank trust corporation, including oaths, affidavits, inheritance tax forms and statutory declarations.
- Achieving considerable tax savings in a number of estates by the use of deeds of variation and other post-death tax saving mechanisms.