“This firm has been super-diligent, detailed, responsive, and very impressive”
- US-owned software company acquiring offices in Reading area, June 2014.
Recent work undertaken by the group includes:
- advising a US client on an acquisition of a UK business and assisting with UK corporate compliance and employment issues going forwards;
- advising on a strategic reorganisation of a client’s European business with widespread redundancies across a number of jurisdictions;
- advising on the secondment of US and UAE staff to a UK branch office and vice versa;
- advising and assisting a UK holding company on the tax efficient restructuring of its Australian sub-group;
- advising and assisting a US limited liability company on extending its US stock option plan to UK employees;
- dealing with an international arbitration under LMAA rules on a dispute over an international supply contract;
- advising the board of a Liechtenstein Foundation in relation to claims raised by a beneficiary of an English will trust. The matter has involved complex litigation across many legal jurisdictions in this multi-million dollar case;
- advising a US LLC on an inward investment project into the UK, including UK tax and VAT issues, structuring and legal form of the UK presence, employee relations and incentivisation and stock importation. Additionally we provided registered office services for the new entity and introduced the client to a network of other useful contacts to assist in establishing their UK presence.
- This is just a snap shot of some of the work we have recently been involved with, it is by no means a finite list.