Podcast: A magnificently visible charity tackling visible differences
Discussions with Susan Harrison, Deputy Incident Director of the London COVID-19 Homeless Health Response Cell (HHRC) at the Healthy London Partnership and trustee of the registered charity Changing Faces.
In this podcast we also explore:
- mental health and the effect of wearing face masks for people with a visible difference
- adapting in the current climate
- funding and trustee duties
- useful Charity Commission guidance and updates
- combating homelessness
- social care and employment opportunities
- and celebrating fundraising endeavours for the international charity Play Action International
Susan Harrison has over 35 years’ experience of working with individuals, groups and systems in the public and independent sectors in the UK. She has held senior operational, strategic, governance and regulatory roles in health, housing, social care and charitable organisations in London.
She returned from retirement to working in the NHS during the pandemic as the Deputy Director for the London homeless health Covid 19 response. She is a Trustee at Changing Faces, a primary school governor and a lay research ethicist.