The farming and estates group at FSP leads the field in the Thames Valley for clear analysis, practical solutions and technical expertise.
Recent work carried out by the group includes:
- Acting for a number of clients in connection with the potential future development of both agricultural land and redundant farm buildings.
- Acting in a major restructuring of a large farming partnership with particular emphasis on succession planning and inheritance tax reliefs.
- Dealing with a staged surrender of a substantial Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy.
- Advising a family on the transfer of land between family members to formalise ownership of land traditionally farmed by individual family members.
- Advising a farming partnership to maximise tax efficiency and flexbility for the future.
- Advising a consortium of investors on the agricultural aspects of the purchase of part of a landed estate, including advice on valuable sporting rights.
- Acting in an auction sale of agricultural land with complex overage provisions for the future benefit of the seller and involving an investigation into rights of water supply.
- Advising a landowner on tenant's rights of succession and the negotiation of a surrender to facilitate a development sale.
- Representing a farmer accused of neglect of his herd, in criminal proceedings brought by the local authority under the Animal Welfare Act.
- Advising a farmer in relation to the erection of a large anaerobic digestion plant on their land.
- Acting for a farming partnership in granting an option to develop part of the farmland.