Spectacularly good Parenting Special Children
Discussions with Ruth Pearse and Tess Eagles of the registered charity Parenting Special Children. In this podcast we also explore:
- impact of lockdown.3 on parents and children with additional needs
- converting passion into action
- workshops & support groups to help stressed, sleep deprived and struggling parents & kinship carers
- funding & virtual balloon race
- useful Charity Commission guidance & updates
- and celebrating The Cowshed, Royal Voluntary Service’s ‘Hour of Need Programme’ & Sean’s Going the Xtra Mile for the NHS fundraising efforts
Ruth is founder and CEO of Parenting Special Children. Ruth has 15 years experience of working in the charity sector, her key strengths are working in partnership, developing new services and ensuring sustainability. Ruth’s personal experience and desire to see families of children with special educational needs and disabilities receive accessible specialist support drives her to action, she is passionate about seeing families thrive.
Tess has over 25 years experience in business, finance and project management including over 15 years in the voluntary sector, her key strengths include corporate partnerships, fundraising, strategic planning, development and growth. Tess has personal experience of the issues faced by PSC families and is passionate about inclusion, making a difference by supporting families in need and creating positive change.