The story behind UK’s first mobile phone museum charity
Ruo Wu, head of charities and not-for-profit at FSP, met with Ben Wood, co-founder & co-curator of the Mobile Phone Museum, to discuss the humble beginnings of the charity and its journey so far. They also explored:
- the importance and relevance of the charity in current times;
- how the charity has come to acquire arguably the most authoritative collection of mobile phones in the world;
- its legal journey, and tips for those running a charity and looking to set one up;
- the charity’s illustrative and informative website (www.mobilephonemuseum.com/);
- a tour of some iconic mobile devices;
- the importance of education and sustainability;
- challenges and opportunities; and
- exciting future plans.
The webinar can be viewed, here:
A copy of the presentation slides are also available here.