Our experienced Notary is available to assist businesses and individuals with the authentication of all documents required in foreign jurisdictions.

Group contact

Michelle Mann

Michelle Mann group contact

Our Notary is able to assist individuals, companies and other organisations with the authentication of documents for use overseas.  Michelle Mann is a partner at the firm and offers notarial services in Reading and throughout the Thames Valley in Berkshire.

Notaries are members of the oldest branch of the legal profession and are appointed and regulated by the Faculty Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Notaries verify and certify provable facts under their signature and official seal for clients with businesses or property or court proceedings outside England and Wales.  The need for notarisation will depend on the country or countries involved as well as the nature of the document itself and we can advise you on this.

The need for the notarisation of documents is often overlooked until the last minute.

We suggest the following as a guide:

  • Speak to a Notary as soon as possible.
  • Be ready to provide the Notary with a copy of the document and any covering letter from the person who prepared the document to be notarised.  If it is a company, we will need the full company name and number (for a company search).
  • When you meet the Notary, have available your passport and a utility bill showing the residential address of each person signing the document.
  • If it is a company you will need:

Memorandum and Articles of Association

Certificate of Incorporation

Board Resolution appointing the signing officers

Board Resolution authorising the company to complete the document transaction and the chosen signing officers to sign the document.

Our Notary will be happy to deal with enquiries and advise on how a document should be executed and what formalities need to be completed.  She will need to be satisfied that you understand any document, particularly a document which is not in English.

It is important that you speak to a Notary as early as possible as some countries require more than just a notary's signature and seal.  Further authentication from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or applicable Consulate may be required.