About Michael Higgin
Michael is a Partner in the Real Estate team and specialises in property law dealing with a wide range of commercial property and investment work for a wide range of commercial and investor clients across the South-East of England.
After graduating in Jurisprudence from Brasenose College, Oxford, Michael worked at Linklaters in the City for several years, before working in the Thames Valley at the highly regarded property practices at Nabarro, Shoosmiths and Olswang, before joining Field Seymour Parkes in July 2012.
Michael is particularly interested in the following areas of property work:
- acting for retailers and corporates who need business space to operate from. He has looked after the property needs of a large number of national household name companies. He works with them on lease acquisitions and renewals and on portfolio management, particularly where businesses come together on mergers or take-overs and need to re-organise or rationalise property liabilities and assets.
- acting on investment property purchases and development land acquisitions.
- advising on lease break clauses, contested lease expiries/renewals and dilapidations disputes together with our four-strong specialist property litigation section.
- acting for banks lending money to businesses secured on real property, to fund commercial investment and commercial or residential property development.
- leading the firm’s “strategic land” specialist interest group dealing with promotion agreements and options over land where allocation for housing or planning permission is being sought, for both landowners and promoter/developers.