About Penelope Garden
Penelope is a Partner in the Corporate team specialising in advising clients looking to buy or sell a business or company and in advising on private equity and venture capital investments, an area which she has a particular interest as a result of her previous role working for a number of years in the private equity team of a leading city law firm.
Penelope’s clients range from small early stage business raising their first round of investment up to large multi-nationals but her core client base is owner managed small to medium sized businesses and investors. More recently she has also assisted a number of clients raising capital through the Future Fund.
Clients often commend Penelope for her excellent project management skills, efficiency and responsiveness. Penelope’s friendly and adaptable approach ensures that she builds strong, longstanding relationships with her clients who appreciate her responsiveness and tailored advice aimed at achieving the right outcome for the clients.
Transactions Penelope has recently advised upon include:
- Investment by Bestport into Playful Promises
- Investments by BGF into XCD HR and further investment into Invenio
- Joint Venture between We Are Kin and Moorfield Group
- Investment by Shackleton into Mentor Group
- Sale of Red Insure and Everest Risk Management to AssuredPartners
- A number of venture capital investments for the FSE Group